Must Have Baby Products for Babies 3-6 Months


Things get easier after the first three months.  Hopefully your baby is sleeping for longer stretches now.  And you know her well enough to pick up on her cues.  The three to six month stage is so much fun, but can still be quite tiring at times.  So here are my 10 must have baby items for babies three to six months. 










  • Halo Sleep Sacks

These wearable blankets are the best.  Easy in.  Easy out.  Perfect for those middle of the night temperature changes.  Just zip it over baby’s clothes and you’re good to go.  No messing around with complete outfit changes.  

Bonus: I find these help limit her from sticking her legs between the crib slats.  


  • Plain Undershirts

Undershirts, onesies, bodysuits; I’ve heard them called all of the above.  The shirts that snap under the diaper are a popular baby item and come in so many cute patterns.  But the organic cotton ones with no decals are the most comfortable for your baby.  No one sees my baby’s onesies anyway.  They are always under her outfit and for good reason. There’s spit up and there’s drool.  Lots and lots of drool.  You can’t always do an outfit change every 5 minutes.  The added layer helps keeps baby’s skin from getting wet.  This keeps baby more comfortable and helps protect against rashes.


  • Desitin Daily Defense

Speaking of rashes, no one wants their baby to get diaper rash.  I’m happy to say my daughter hasn’t had one yet.  I attribute that to frequent changes of course, but also to this great cream.  With baby sleeping longer stretches at night, chances are you aren’t changing her every two hours anymore.  I put on a thin layer of this on before bedtime and it’s doing it’s job perfectly.


  • Mylicon Drops

These made the list again.  She’s much better about burping, but still gets gassy.  Her tummy is still adjusting to solid foods.  These work great and are often just what she needs to feel better so she can settle down for her nap.  I recommend always having these on hand.


  • Infant’s Tylenol

This is important to have on hand in case baby gets a fever or doesn’t feel well.  Always ask a doctor about dosage beforehand.  It’s not listed for babies on the box’s instructions.  You’ll probably want these ready for after her four month shots too.  I’ve heard a lot of moms say their babies had a harder time with them.  And I agree.


  • Graco Breeze Stroller

Here’s another item from the newborn to three month list.  I still use it.  It gets more use now than it did then.  She’s completely content to be strolled around the house with me.  I’m able to do housework.  She loves to watch me while she chews on the straps.  It’s a win-win.  And it’s easy to pack up in the minivan for outings.


  • Teething Toys

I’m not talking about the gel tethers here.  I’m talking about the sensory toys with teething parts.  Crinkle plush toys with teething paws.  Light and sound teething car keys.  No need to spend a lot.  My daughter’s favorite toy was under four dollars.  

Tip: It’s nice to get ones that are easy to clean.  Either throw in the washer or wash in the sink.  Electronic stuffed animals are cute, but maybe keep them in a clean area.  When babies get to this stage, they throw and drop everything.




  • Touch and Feel Books

It's never too early to help foster your child's love for reading.  My daughter showed an interest in these books early on.  And now she absolutely loves them.  She loves the bright colors and high contrast pages.  She loves the different textures.  And I love she can chew on them without worrying about her getting paper in her mouth.  They are super affordable too!


  • Pack and Play

If you are thinking of skipping out on the pack and play, don't!  It's so convenient to have that extra safe place for your baby to nap and play.  Now that your baby is interested in toys, she'll explore and play while you get a few things done.  If you have to travel, it's important to have a safe place for your baby to sleep.  You can bring the pack and play along almost anywhere.  Sleeping in car seats for extended periods of time is not recommended.  And don't forget those pack and play sheets.  Not only are they more comfortable, but they make clean up so much easier.  


  • Rainforest Jumperoo

This product must be amazing.  I purchased one of these fourteen years ago for my oldest child.  It was a favorite then, so I was so happy to see they were still selling it over a decade later.  Of course, I ordered another for my wiggle worm of a baby.  It's a hit.  She loves to jump and play with the toys while I enjoy a cup of coffee (I'm right next to her of course).  They jumper is fairly easy to put together and is adjustable to grow with your baby.   







Comments

Popular Posts